Hello Camp Snoops Project friends! Happy New Year!
2019 was a wonderful year and we are marching into the new year with hopes for an even better year for Camp Snoops in 2020! Throughout many conversations, we thought we would share with you how the funds YOU help us to raise are used throughout the year!
In 2019, and in the past years, our monetary donations have been able to fund:
- CSP made connections with schools (in more than 10 states now!) who have used our materials and/or ideas to promote Memorial Day and Veterans Day education.
- CSP provided materials, suggestions and financial assistance to help schools with their programs.
- CSP donated Christmas stockings, that are packed at our annual Chili BBQ and Silent Auction, to children of injured troops and veterans
- CSP sent personal care packages to homeless veterans
- CSP purchased a microwave for a veterans community resource center
- CSP provided financial assistance to a military family who found themselves in a housing crisis
- CSP provided financial assistance to the family of, and a Christmas stocking, to a very young child, who was diagnosed with cancer
- CSP purchased a standing off-road track chair for a veteran diagnosed with ALS
- CSP provided hospital equipment to several veterans
- CSP donates supplies to various veterans groups
- CSP is able send monetary donations to various organizations who support veterans, such as Fisher House, some of which are collected at our special raffle events
While it doesn’t seem like a long list, this is just SOME of what we are able to provide with the funds that we raise throughout the year. We are now in our 6th year, and have made great strides in our mission to do good things in our dear Matt’s memory.
The annual Chili BBQ and Silent Auction, held in October, is our most profitable day throughout the year. It is through donations of time, silent auction items, raffle items and the dedicated individuals that come out to support us that make it a success year after year. Camp Snoops’ mission doesn’t stop there; We are busy throughout the year working to provide education to our children and assistance to our troops and veterans.
Without each and every one of our supporters, we would NOT be able to keep growing and spreading our mission of providing Memorial Day and Veterans education in schools and assisting veterans on an as needed basis. For this, we THANK YOU, from the bottom of our hearts and appreciate each and every one of you.
With that in mind, one of our main goals every year is spreading our mission. Please consider signing up to receive our newsletter by e-mailing us at email@example.com. We ask that each and every one of you share our mission by sharing our Facebook posts, following our website for updates, and communicating with the teachers, principals, moderators, aids, and secretaries in your life that may become a possible contact for us to spread our mission. Camp Snoops provides educational material for many different grades, as well as guidelines to start or host a Memorial Day or Veterans Day program, FREE of charge.
Also, to our faithful supporters, MARK YOUR CALENDARS, our 2020 Chili BBQ and Silent Auction is Saturday, October 10, 2020 and will be held at the Westminster American Legion. Don’t be shy, spread the word to your family and friends and see who walks away with the best raffle item or silent auction basket!